Thursday, March 7, 2013

SANDCASTLE AND OTHER STORIES

Today I will give a review of the book SANDCASTLE AND OTHER STORIES by Justin Bog. This feature has been a long time coming. 

I first read this book of ten short stories almost a year ago. I fell in love with the stories and re-read the e-book version several times. Then, as now, my favorite is the title story--- SANDCASTLE. This story surprised, inspired and left me wanting to read more. Justin's style is unique and quite readable. The prose in this collection is smooth and enables the reader to get deep into the stories without having to re-read sentences/paragraphs, something that is of major importance when reading short stories. 

Short stories are best when read in their entirety in one sitting. The stories in this volume are impossible to put down and I am sure you will be as enthralled by these tales as I am. These stories stayed in my mind long after I put down my kindle and compelled me to read multiple times. I truly believe this collection is the highest quality fiction. 

A few days ago, Justin was kind enough to send me a signed copy of the paperback version of this book. I am grateful and will cherish this copy. 

Below are links to his author web site as well as links to purchase the e-book/paperback at Amazon. 

If you buy only one collection of short stories this year, make it this one!!! 

http://justinbog.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Sandcastle-Other-Stories-Justin-Bog/dp/0988478412/ref=la_B0081R77IC_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362683312&sr=1-1

1 comment:

JustinBog said...

Hi, Stephen . . . thank you for taking the time to review Sandcastle and Other Stories on your blog. I really get your early support, and I don't believe any thank you from me is enough to convey what this means to me and the book's journey. Hope you keep reading and writing and enjoying the stories more and more. Best, Justin